Friday, April 9, 2010

Freezing snow!

"We go for walk?" Those are the words I've been hearing all day. Now, normally I wouldn't mind it and I'd even say a resounding "Yes", but for the fact that this worning we woke up to a sky that was doing it's best to dump snow on us. It's worsened and goten better intermittently through the day, but that wind, which I expect in Southern Alberta, where alot of our family are and where we spent our courtship and the first year of our marriage, is horrendeous! I can hear it blowing toys around in the back yard (silly me didn't get the kids to tidy yesterday afternoon).

Around ten thirty I said yes and we'd try it. Of course, once the Boy starts getting ready, Boy2 has to get stuff on right away. Do you think Boy2 would agree to winter boots like his brother? Noooo! He had to wear his Pooh rain boots. At least I got winter coats on them. Hubby decided to come with us (thankfully!). We went around our little cul de sac, straight, then around the next cul de sac. By this time, I was nearly freezing, so I took Boy2 and the one extra child I had this morning back to the house while the Boy insisted on going on with Daddy (thanks again, Sweetie!). As I turned around with the littler ones, we got a blast of arctic hilling air. The wind was now at our faces! As soon as we got home, the extra little girl was upset because she wanted to play in the backyard! After telling that it was too cold, and wouldn't she much rather play with the train tracks on the floor, she felt better.

Put a pot on the stove (no cold lunch today!) we did hot cocoa with mini marshmellows for the kids. Hubby and I still had coffee on the go. Before naps, after naps, after supper, it has been "We go for walk? We go backyard? We go outside?" Thankfully some of those were directed to another little girl who came over this afternoon and her response was "It's too cold! You're silly!"

But between trains, strawberries, painting, and Curious George, we got through the afternoon. Too bad it's not supposed to let up and melt by tomorrow. Looks like the picnic by the river is postponed until futher notice. Maybe we can make do with a living room picnic lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment