Monday, June 28, 2010

Morning episodes

So, between Hubby's insomnia and the boys not wanting to fall asleep at night, it's made for some interesting days. Friday night hubby didn't get to sleep until four in the morning, and even then didn't really get sleep. Last nigh it was two when he came to bed. (well, he was in bed before then but couldn't sleep either because his brain wouldn't stop, or my snoring was too loud).

So he's sleeping right now. I've been up with the kids for at least an hour. Knowing that Hubby's sleeping now because he wasn't able to last night makes it easier to handle.

So, when I went in for my shower (I have a child coming in a half hour) I set the kids up with some breakfast first. That way I know they'll be occupied with eating instead of destroying themselves and the living room while I'm in the bathroom. And, of course, I kept the door open in case there was a crash or yell, or some other crisis.

Not a peep the whole time I was showering. But, as soon as the water was turned off, I heard this whimpering. "Boy2? What's wrong?" I called out. Again, just whimpering. "Boy? Where are you?" "I'm in bed" came the reply. Whimper, whimper. "Boy2? Can you come here?" No response. So, fearing the worst, I wrap a towel around me and, dripping, go off in search of my youngest.

I found him at the table, syrup all over his hands and face, just looking at me. "Need wipe." Alright. I guess telling him again and again that he wasn't allowed to leave the table without wiping his paws has tuck, because he wasn't moving until his fingers and face were washed clean.

My little boy who really doesn't like food on his fingers unless he's eating. As soon as he's done, the cloth better be at the ready or else!

No comments:

Post a Comment