Monday, July 26, 2010

almost there!

Where has all the time gone? One week left before moving (well, technically five days), finished my first week off of child care, the house is mostly done. I have a friend coming over tomorrow to clean my oven (thanks SO much! You're an angel!) and my father-in-law is coming out Thursday evening to help load up and see us on our way.

Kinda scary, kinda exciting, mostly just want it all done and over with. I think that is the general consensus, at least.

We've had a little bit of excitement this weekend, though. I packed up most of the kids' art stuff. I left out markers, some sticker books, and paper. Saturday afternoon when I was doing dishes, the Boy ran up to me holding a pencil telling me that he made a triceratops in hims bedroom.

Uh, oh! "Can you show me?". So he took me into his room and pointed just under his bed. He had drawn his triceratops with pencil (thank heavens!) on the floor ( again, thank heavens!). The walls were all still clean. Pencil washes pretty easily.

We talk again about the use of paper and that if he doesn't know where to finds some to ask one of his parents. Then, with the floor clean once more, I go to finish dishes.

Not five minutes later, Hubby walks down the hall and sees a black crayon line down the hall to the boys' bedroom. We go in and the Boy is nowhere to be seen, but the crayon is on his bed and the sheet has been scribbled on too. We know the probable reasons for this behaviour, but it's still frustrating. Any little child who's move so many times in their short lifespan will be acting out at this point.

Boy2 has thrown more tantrums at hearing the word "no" than he has before. He wakes up yelling for me every morning sometime between 5:30 and 6. Then he either comes into bed with us for a little bit, or I have to go get him and invite him to snuggle. And we won't even begin to discuss his dependence on his Num (soother).

Even after the move things won't be normal. We'll spend a week or so settling, and then we'll be travelling for Hubby's Ordination and family visits. Then it'll be back home for his installation at the church, hopefully the birth of our next child will be somewhere in the first two weeks of September, the Boy wants to start preschool, so we'll try and get that going too.

Looking forward to starting the next part of the journey, though. Feelings of fear, excitement, and fatigue are all mixed up right now. Alot of it will be the unknown. Hubby has always been a student. For the first time he'll be able to focus on ministry and family without working a secular job or be writing assignments. Yay!!!! Last year on internship, I think, was a glimpse of what it could be like. Really, really looking forward to that.

1 comment: