Thursday, August 12, 2010

This weekend

These are exciting times. We're getting ready to travel south for a week and a bit. Hubby, who has worked long and hard for the last decade, will be ordained a Pastor in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada on Sunday in Calgary. After being a full time post secondary student for the last nine years (eight of which I've known him) he will be able to sit back and be all that he has ever wanted to be.
The Boy will likely be starting preschool in September, Boy2 will hopefully settle into a routine of some kind before Baby is born, Baby3 is going to be here before we know it, and life will shift, change, and become a new "normal".

As much as I'm looking forward to having the service on Sunday, I think I'm almost more excited about going back and visiting the Calgary Zoo. When we moved to Saskatoon last year, I went through serious Zoo-withdrawal. I think the kids did too. We were going two or three times a week, usually starting with the dinosaur part. Since we still have our memberships, we're heading down tomorrow and will hopefully spend some time tomorrow afternoon and most of Saturday there with friends.

How much of it will the kids remember? I know the Boy has a phenomenal memory and will hardly be able to contain himself as we approach. I'm less sure about Boy2, but I do know that he'll enjoy the visit too.

Then there'll be th family visits. A couple of days visiting Amma (Hubby's mom), a couple of days visiting Grandma and Poppa (my parents). Plus Grandpa will be there on Sunday, so it'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment