Tuesday, December 21, 2010

afternoon

Life today has been grand. Started off thinking I'd treat the kids to a full morning of television, but shortly after my post this morning, I had to turn it off. The Boy really gets cranky and emotional when there's too much TV.

SO, the idiot box got turned off, and there was widespread panic and chaos. Then, Wonder Mom came to the rescue. Paint was mixed, shapes cut out, brushes appeared, and there was a solid half hour or more of red and green paint all over the kitchen.

When they were done, Wonder Mom again flew to save the day (and the kitchen table). While clean up occurred, trains and books were brought out, apples cut, with the promise of a trip to the library after nap time (I was hoping to catch a little shuteye too, but no luck).

Daddy came home (he was going to be home for lunch but lost track of time, so he pushed through and is now home for the evening), bringing gifts from the office. When he put them under the tree, the Boy heard "To infinity, and beyond!" The look on his face was priceless! Hubby and I just looked at each other and laughed. Four more sleeps, buddy boy!

So now, once I'm done nursing the Girl, here, we're going to pile into the van for a little trip to the library. The Boy told me at lunch that we couldn't go without Dad, so I guess it's a good thing he came home when he did!

No comments:

Post a Comment