Tuesday, December 14, 2010

random thoughts

There have been a few thoughts swirling around in my head this evening. First: the Commercial for Jack in the Box really bugs me. (The one where his wife buys groceries to save money instead of eating out but he says it's better to eat out)

Second: I wish my boys would have gone to sleep better tonight. (They both napped because they've had super busy days, but it took them an hour and a half to go to sleep)

Third: Hubby brought to my attention the theory that I can't seem to nap when all the kids sleep because I'm chugging back a bit too much coffee in the morning. (Ask him about rule #1)

I wish more people would attempt to eat at home. In the long run it does save money and it's far better for you. I make our waffles now and freeze them for mornings when I don't have time to heat up the waffle iron. I enjoy making buns, and pizza, and soup, and sauces. I even made my own meatballs for the first time a few weeks ago! They were very tasty, and I even used my own bread crumbs from bread I had made.

It really is wonderful that the boys are as good friends as they are. I went up to check on them when I put the Girl down, and I found Boy2 in the Boy's bed. There was a lot of giggling going on. I can remember having uncontrollable laughing fits with my sisters when we shared rooms. It is wonderful to see the bond between siblings, but I wish they'd sleep so they won't be as tired tomorrow.

I probably do drink a little too much coffee (sacrilege, I know). A couple of years ago I gave it up for Lent, and I'm thinking of doing it again this year, although I should probably ease myself into it this year. I don't look forward to the withdrawal migraines. (Rule #1 is that Hubby's always right, by the way) Cut down now and supplement lots of water and teas. I hope it won't affect the Girl the way it affected Boy2 last time. He went through withdrawal too since he was still nursing then.

No comments:

Post a Comment