Monday, January 10, 2011

ups and downs

My boys are very tired. My girl is very tired. Mommy and Daddy are very tired. I think we're all trying to catch up on the sleep we didn't get through our little post-Christmas excursion.

Friday afternoon Hubby and I got motivated and finally moved the actual furniture around instead of just talking about it. This goes downstair to the basement, that goes way up to the top floor, these come out of the basement to the main floor. That's how it goes.

Hubby had a youth meeting that night, so I thought, "Hey, the boys are just about at an age that a popcorn and movie evening, staying up past bedtime, would be fun. Let's do it!" So I made popcorn (the Boy particularly enjoys popcorn)and we went to the basement to watch "Momma Dinosaur" (to the uninitiated that would be "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs") Note: it's been nearly a year since they watched it last, but they've seen it at least a dozen times and would watch it a hundred more times if I'd let them!

Oh, boy! There is a definite reason why it is a treat and not an everyday thing! Between the regular catching up from travel and Friday night the boys are so overtired, their behaviour is (sporadically) horrible! Epsecially when a certain preschooler is tired, but is adamant he will NOT close his eyes and have a nap! (How DARE a Mommy suggest such a thing?)

They do pretty good overall still, but because my own sleep reserves are a bit low it seems much worse than it is.

Boy2 spent Thursday morning singing and dancing to some youtube videos fpor the Girl. The Boy and Boy2 sit in the livingroom "playing" snakes and ladders. The Girl is kept entertained by her brothers with song, dance, and all-around silliness. For the most part toys are shared, hugs are given, and snuggles granted. But when they also feed off of each other's energy to the point where neither is listening even the littlest bit, well... every parent feels those frustrations.

Today all of the kids napped. The girl was weighed and measured (her weight is off the charts! SHe's more than doubled her birth weight!) and we went to the leisure centre for a swim. Two exhausted boys are currently asleep, and so is the Girl who has cut her first tooth this past weekend.

So many exciting things. It is so neat seeing the growth. I know I've said it before, but I really do have the best job in the world. For all the complaining that I just did, at the end of the day, when Boy2 just won't let go of Daddy, when Mommy gets lip kisses ( a very rare thing indeed from Boy2), and the "I love you's" out of the blue from both boys, and the incessant giggling from the Girl- I absolutely, unequivocably LOVE being a Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment