Saturday, February 26, 2011

toddler hugs and baby kisses

I started blogging earlier this week, but the kids wouldn't really let me have the time to devote to it, so it'll wait for another time.

It's definitely been one of "those" weeks: the kids got colds, no one is really sleeping that well, and the regular February "blahs". All I can say is that March and the (hopefully) spring it will bring cannot come fast enough.

I've spent time coloring dinosaur pictures, making origami dinosaurs, drawing crocodiles and frogs, and cleaning up paint. Wiping noses, administering medicine, and giving glasses of cold water. Then, at the end of the day, I hold my little Girl (after two or three really good nights she's back to wanting to sleep half the night in bed beside me) and Hubby and I watch TV and talk about the day. As much as I may complain about the kids, I really wouldn't trade them for anything at all.

Today we got started pretty early. 6 am is not for the faint of heart. But the boys wanted haircuts like Daddy's, so Daddy got out the buzzers and buzzed away.

The "big mall" was on the agenda this morning, so we loaded up and left. Four hours later we returned home. Three hours of walking the mall (boy, was I nearly ready to pull some hair but I remind myself that they really are usually good, and they were just tired and overstimulated), half hour of going on a slurpee hunt (I realize that slurpees aren't really February treats, but we had a craving) and there were no working slurpee machines anywhere! Then a quick stop at a store just this side on Edmonton and we were home.

Since the Boy doesn't like sleep, and the Girl slept in the van, Mommy and Daddy didn't get the nap they were hoping for, but it is just before seven now as I write this and all three children are currently asleep. Now that makes a Momma happy!

Yesterday we had pasta (so tasty! I use hot Italian sausage in a sour cream based sauce. SO GOOD!) and we decided to use bow pasta. The Boy looked at it and said "I don't like this." To which I replied "It's noodles. Of course you like it!" He looked at it closer and said "It's frog feet! I like frog feet." and he proceeded to eat two bowls of it. Then, tonight when we had left overs, he saw the sour cream on the counter and asked for some on his pasta. He was actually doing a "happy dance" as Daddy was putting it on! He really does love his sour cream!

Boy2 has been a regular sweetheart (alternating with holy terror). Whenever he senses that Daddy or Mommy is upset or frustrated he comes up to us and gives us big hugs. I mean HUGE hugs. He didn't let go of Daddy for five whole minutes!

The Girl has been growing (of course). She absolutely LOVES to nom on pizza crust and bread. Apple sauce is pretty tasty too. There have been times when I'm trying to put her to sleep that she pulls my head to hers. I then proceed to kiss her until she falls asleep. She really does love kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment