Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Creativity


My boys have been super creative lately. There has been more than one time in the last few days that I've come into the living room to discover that there had been a small, very concentrated cyclone in there that targeted the craft box.

The boy has been doing portraits of everyone (except he drew Ironhide the Transformer instead of the Girl) and "writing" stories and then "reading" them. Then Boy2 comes up with a drawing and when I ask him to tell me about it, he just shrugs. He doesn't know what he made, but he's dang proud of it :)

Their creativity doesn't end with the paper, though. Yesterday afternoon and first thing this morning they got out their instruments. Boy2 stands on the coffee table with his guitar, the Boy has his coffee tin drum he made, and they let 'er rip! Yesterday we were serenaded the "Mac song" (Life is a Highway) and then the archaeopteryx song. Now they are starting to make them up. I took a video and should be able to post it. Really noisy, but so fun!

My Boy has started getting up with the sun. When it was darker, I could tell him that he needed to wait until the first number on his clock was a 7. Now, he sees the sun rising and says "But it's morning time! The sun is waking up." I know I was an early riser when I was younger. I remember getting up while everyone was sleeping and turning on the TV as far back as being 6 years old. But I let my parents sleep! I didn't give them a press release of when I was waking up!

But I'm glad that the days are (mostly) happy and that the sunny weather seems to have a more positive effect on everyone. As many fights and meltdowns as there were a week or two ago, it's hard to be worse!

The Boy told me last night when I told him to go up for jammies that he loved bedtime. That was news to me! He has stopped fighting it, true, but he fights those naps with such vehemence. He claims it's boring. So when he said that he loved bedtime, I thought "well, at least he knows that sleeping helps the body". He's started to know and recognize when he is tired and be able to take the steps to fix it.

We have a trip coming up. We are going to Calgary on Friday evening for a bit of a break. Hubby has a campus ministry meeting at the U of C on Saturday and (occupational hazard) we won't be getting away for Easter, so we're staying in a hotel for a couple of nights in Calgary, then we're going further south to visit Amma for a day or so. Then back up for Hubby to be back in the office on Wednesday.

I am SOOOO excited for this little trip! The kids and I get to go to the Zoo with friends while Daddy is in his meetings, we'll be going to church were Hubby interned, have supper with Hubby's best friend, have a meal or two with Amma, Uncle K and Auntie C...... And the weather is supposed to be absolutely BEAUTIFUL on Monday! Yay, yay, yay, yay, YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment