Thursday, June 30, 2011

more cute!

It's been a fun few days. Yesterday afternoon Hubby took the kids with him and as they were getting ready to leave, Boy2 said "We need to go to the market, 'cuz I'm starving again." So Hubby and I start "To market, to market, to buy a fat pig." Boy2 stops us and says, "No, there are no pigs at the market!" 1) when did he start calling it the market, and 2) have we been shirking our parental obligations if our 3 year old isn't familiar with that rhyme?

The Boy has been changing his clothes frequently as well. On Tuesday afternoon, we dug out the little wading pool, so the boys had fun in it. When the Boy went in to change, he came out wearing a dress shirt. "I want to look pretty for you, Mommy!" So sweet! And yesterday, before going out with Daddy, he got into a dress shirt and put a black t-shirt on as a "vest". "Isn't this the best suit you've ever seen?" Yes, my Love. You made an awesome suit!

They've been pretty good kids too, lately. I am constantly reminded of how lucky I am to have them. Hubby took the Girl with him when the youth had their supper, so I was at home with just the boys and they got out craft stuff after supper and did it all practically by themselves. Boy2 is just about completely potty trained, and he did it all by himself. He wants to be a big boy and not wear diapers at all. (I am so proud of him!)

The Girl is working on walking. She's getting a bit stronger everyday. I was feeding her breakfast this morning and gave her a raspberry on her neck. She kept holding my head there so I would do it again and again and again. When she's crawling around and comes to a book, she'll pick it up, hold it by her face, then pull it down again. "Peek-a-boo! I see you!" Or she'll lift her shirt above her head and pull it down. Reminds me a bit of when the Boy was about that age (maybe a bit older since he was walking) and he'd walk around with a receiving blanket over his head playing "peek!"

The boys called me into the living room this morning to see what they were doing. Boy2 was on his head, and the Boy was holding his legs up helping him do a head stand. Now that's team work! Of course five minutes later they're fighting, but it really warms my heart to see them playing nicely together. They have been surprisingly friendly this morning. They were up at 5:30 (playing quietly downstairs until Boy2 started yelling because his balloon was popped. Oddly enough it was popped days ago by his sister...) and aside from two meltdowns, it's been pretty good. Thank heavens!

No comments:

Post a Comment