Saturday, July 23, 2011

It's out!

Another Saturday. But this time, I have no drain and no gallbladder. That's right. It was finally taken out. I got a call from the hospital Wednesday night telling me to come in Thursday afternoon for 2. So we did. As I was getting settled in and talking with the nurse, she said it was most likely that I'd go in the next morning. Ten minutes later, the resident came in to talk with me and told me that it would be that night, just not sure when. While he was there, the nurse came back and told me they'd called for me to be brought down.

So, I was at the hospital for 2 and was being wheeled down for surgery by 4-ish. And I was back in my room before 8pm. I got my own room too! Of all of the stays I've had in hospitals, I've never had my own room, but this time I did. So when the resident came back at 6:30 in the morning to tell me I could go home, my first thought was "Really?" and my second was "But I just got here. I haven't even had time to enjoy my room." But the pull for home was too high. I'm sure if I had said that I wasn't comfortable going home I could have stayed, but I enjoy being home even if I'm back to being a bump on a log.

I was so happy that the surgeon was able to take my gallbladder out lapriscopically, instead of having to make a bigger incision. The recovery time will be much shorter. Before I was put under, the anesthesiologist said that it was common to feel tender post-operation. I may feel like I had just gone to the gym, alot of muscles would be sore. I felt like I'd been run over by a truck! So sore.

Now it's better, though. It's worse in transition. Once I'm up or down I'm good. Getting to either position is a little tender. I can hardly wait until I came sleep on my sides without hurting, though. Since that will be one step closer to sleeping on my tummy.

The boys are thrilled that I'm home, although I tried to tell them that even though the sick part of my tummy is better, I still can't do everything for a little while. The Boy understands a bit more. I told him the as long as I'm good and only do what I'm supposed to, I won't have to go back to the hospital. Boy2 sat on my bed yesterday afternoon asking if kisses would help me get better. I always welcome kisses!

Since the Girl is more squirmy and stubborn than she was a month ago, I can't even snuggle her to sleep like I did when I first had the drain put in. If she doesn't want to, there is no making her!

I'm going to nap now. Hubby took the kids to the museum, and while I'm typing this while laying down, I think my eyes need to close for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment