Monday, July 25, 2011

tents and sleeping bags

Today we spent a bit of money. Had to. We have holidays coming up (the first vacation for us as a couple EVER as well as the first holiday in far too many years personally for both of us) and we're heading out of town.

Since it is summer, and our little family has grown, we've decided that we are going to tent-it for or vacation. Yep. That's right. So we picked up sleeping bags so we all have one, a tent that we'll all fit in, and we're going to sleep in tents for two weeks. (Likely we'll bring the air mattress, since I am still convalescing.)

We were going to set up the brand new big tent in the back yard and give it a test run. We even picked up a new flash light since the boys have toasted all of our current ones and we'd need it for the midnight bathroom runs. However, we are under a thunderstorm watch, so instead the Boy has been bullying me into setting up the little 2-person tent.

I told him that the living room had to be cleaned. He tidied and got out the vacuum cleaner. Daddy got out the tent, we got it set up, and they got their sleeping bags and pillows in there. Now they are bugging me so they can put jammies on and have supper so they can spend the night in their sleeping bags in the tent in the living room. I never thought I'd see the day they would be THIS excited for bedtime.

But I am really looking forward to this little holiday. We'll leave right after church and head down to Strathmore for the ordination of a colleague of Hubby's, then Monday we'll head out to Amma's. After a few days, we'll start making our way east to spend time in Manitoba with Grandma and Grandpa.

And tenting in the backyards. It's gonna be fun! (Well, interesting at least. I will have the computer and camera with me, so I will try to update with pictures when I can )

No comments:

Post a Comment