Sunday, July 17, 2011

they're done!





I finally finished the sewing project I technically started in May. Bought the fabric, went into the hospital. Go to finally wash the fabric, the washer dies. Replace the washer, wash and iron the fabric, go into the hospital. And then go back to the hospital again a week later. Then, cuz of the drain, I didn't think it would be good to lean over to cut the pattern out, so it sat. And sat. Then, while Hubby's been at National Convention, I got my helper Ladybug to bring the machine up and I went to town (so to speak).

But I think I was more excited about completing them than the boys were :)

Hubby comes home today. I was getting a little tired of the kids asking when Daddy would be back, and yesterday morning the boys crept in our room and whispered "nope. Daddy's not here yet." Really cute.

But there have been phone calls. The first morning, we were sitting on the couch, and I put it on speaker so they could hear Daddy better and Daddy could hear them too. The Girl was very excited to hear Daddy's voice at first, but quickly started crying when she realized that Daddy's body wasn't where his voice was coming from. It was just too weird for her.

I am very grateful that Ladybug has been able to spend this time up here. It's been good for the boys and I think it's been good for her too. Nothing quite like getting out of the house and being (essentially) a full time parent for a few days to broaden a 14 year old's views on life. And she'll still be here for most of the week, so Hubby may be able to get into the office for a bit. As well, if my surgery happens when they want it to, she'll be here for a day or two after as well. Which is a big help.

Then she'll leave for the family acreage at Seba Beach and my sister-in-law (Auntie Jelly) has offered to stay for a few days post operation as well, so I am feeling that we're pretty ready for this weekend (*crossed fingers* and *knocking on wood*).

1 comment: