Monday, July 11, 2011

the things kids say!

Figure I should probably write a bit more tonight, since I'm not sure how the rest of the week will turn out. Hubby is going to be going to Saskatoon for the ELCiC National Convention. It will give him a bit of a break from the routine that's developed from me not being able to do much. So he won't have to get up with the Girl for her nighttime feeding. Instead, he'll be staying up talking and networking after the conference closes for the day.

So a friend from Lethbridge has offered me the use of her teenaged daughter to help out while Hubby is gone. I'm sure we'll have fun, but I think Ladybug may be in for a bit of a shock. We've only seen her occasionally in the last few years, and never for all that long at a time, so she may end up with a fear of young children after this is all over. :)

This afternoon, we visited with some friends who are hoping to move to the BC interior before winter strikes. The boys kept the husband busy. They found flashlights and went monster hunting nearly the whole time. Every time they'd come back, Boy2 would say "I think I hear something. It's a monster! We need to go get it!" and off he'd go, grab a hand and start tugging.

This morning, the boys were sitting on our bed. The Boy looked down and said "My feet are getting bigger." (We were at the shoe store yesterday and he wanted new shoes, so I told him we'd get them in the fall for school since his feet were going to grow between now and then) So I told him, yes, his feet were growing because the rest of him was growing too. Then Boy2 sits up and says "Yep, and my penis is growing too. Just like my body. It's gonna get bigger and bigger." As I'm trying to keep a straight face, the Boy adds "Just like Daddy's!" That was it. I'm sure my face was red, and I know I started chuckling a bit. But they were so serious!

We've gotten into a routine where, if the Girl wakes up really early, Hubby brings her to me and we cuddle for a while. I'm always so happy went she falls asleep, but it's kinda hard to be upset with her since she's always so happy when she wakes up. She'll lay there, talk to her num, touch my face, and just babble to herself. But this morning she let me sleep until 7. Bliss!

On our way home from the store today, the Boy said something to Boy2 to get a reaction out of him. Needless to say, the reaction came so he repeated it and leaned towards Boy2 within reach and he was hit. Having achieved this, he felt justified in pinching Boy2 on the hand. Do brothers ever know which buttons to push! They both got in trouble for that one!

And I had a cholangiogram done on Friday. I was injected with radioactive dye and given x-rays. From my observation of the screen (remembering that I am not a diagnostician) I think that my duct is still blocked. I know that the surgeon is wanting to take the gallbladder out lapriscopically, but I can't really see how that may be feasible if the inflammation is up and the stones are getting in the way. So I'm preparing myself mentally for the bigger incision and the longer recovery time. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment