Wednesday, August 10, 2011

a duel to the.... home time?

The Boy had his first fist fight this afternoon (well, as much of a fist fight as an almost five year old can get into with a three or four year old). They were playing nicely, and I was watching from a distance (since sometimes mommies can cramp your style). Then I saw this little boy take the sandal from a little girl. Next thing I know, the Boy was waving his arms ("punching") and the other boy was hitting back.

At first I thought they were playing around, but I saw the look on the Boy's face, so I ran to see what had happened to start this around the same time the other boy's dad came (they were getting ready to leave anyway). When I heard that the Boy was hitting because the other kid took the shoes from another girl and my little Boy was being a knight trying to rescue the damsel, the other child's dad said that it was okay and they were leaving now anyways (some parents just don't seem to discipline and have consequences for their children, although they may have done when they got home).

But it brought back to mind something said to me about Hubby. There is such a keen sense of responsibility in this child of mine. Remembering when he had to go with Daddy to Spruce Grove to make sure there would be a house for us to move into... he's convinced that he's big boy enough to take care of his brother and sister so Mommy can go and leave them to get that much desired toy left at home... and now has had his first duel.

Ahhhh, how quickly they grow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment