Monday, August 29, 2011

September changes

Just got back from a parent info session for the kindergarten program. There is a smart board in the room, 19 other students will be in class, and they will be working on sounds, letters, numbers, and everything else in a regular K class.

It is a nut free school, grade K-4, and there are more than 500 students in the school. 500!!!! Realizing that the largest age demographic in the city is 0-4, I guess it shouldn't be that surprising, but still... That's alot of young children.

Had a really good day overall, too. Between over tired moody children, we got in a long walk in the "woods", and spent two hours at WEM as well (window shopping, picking up new school clothes for the Boy, and looking for the perfect toy to spend B-day money on).

We picked up a new suit for the Boy. He's outgrown the one we got last year, and he's been "making" his own. He'll put on his dress shirt and then a black t-shirt for a "vest". Then he'll come up to me and ask if it's the best suit I've ever seen. So, it was time for a new suit. Now we just need to get new dress shoes for the boys (and Girl) and we'll be all set.

Now I'm sitting downstairs when I'd rather be vegging in bed, waiting for the new clothes to be done in the dryer, since I promised him his clothes would be washed, dried, and folded on his dresser when he woke up in the morning. And when Mommy promises, she delivers.

Hard to believe the Boy is 5, Saturday is our 6th wedding anniversary, and Sunday is the Girl's 1st birthday. She's walking and toddling around just in time for it too. I had my doubts... I was convinced she'd have picked up walking long before this, but she had her own schedule. A week ago she just started walking and now will rarely revert to crawling.

We finally got ourselves a Wii. That's right, now we aren't quite up to date, but we aren't as technologically behind as we once were. Hubby has been racing with the kids, we've been bowling, playing golf, and the Rev Cowboy even tried boxing with Hubby the other day. It was hilarious until they got the hang of it. It really is pretty fun, though.

Next, we pick up a wii fit so I can exercise easier when the snow flies. I really need to learn to go to bed earlier, though. I'm finding myself so tired when I wake up in the morning, and all I want to do when it's nap time is sleep. Can't tough. Too much to do. Maybe in a few weeks when we get a schedule under us :) Hopefully....

We'll see how the next couple of weeks go.

No comments:

Post a Comment