Monday, October 24, 2011

a few updates... again

Tonight the boys were playing quite cute with their stuffed animals.  As I was getting the Girl's jammies on and brushing her teeth, they got their jammies on and put their stuffed animals to sleep.  I was told to "shhh" and be quiet.  When the Girl was sitting in her crib crying, the Boy had to pick up his triceratops and shush it back to sleep.  Baby sister woke it up.  It was pretty cute!  Then, after lullabies, he told me he was the daddy and he was sleeping with his babies.  I have a few sweethearts in my home!

The Girl has an incredible understanding.  It seems like she understands and comprehends everything.  And she can communicate it so well.  Maybe it's because the Boy didn't really talk until he was three and a half, or maybe because she's the third child, or it could be one of the many differences between boys and girls.  Whatever the reason, she follows instructions.  She talks and is (more or less) understood.  It's amazing.  Can't compare between the children, but she's starting earlier than her brothers did.

The Boy's memory never ceases to amaze me.  He can see, hear, or read something once and remember it days, weeks, ever months later.  We drive into Edmonton on 16A and we pass a number of hotels.  Every single time we pass Best Western, the Boy sits up and says "Look Mom!  It's the largest hotel family!"  It took me a few times driving in and watching some commercials with him to realize that it was from a commercial that he'd seen.  Just like walking along and all of a sudden he'll tell me that we need to get Arm and Hammer Oxy-gel cleaner.  Wow.  Proof that advertising works!  Especially on children.

Boy2 has become a regular grump.  Very demanding.  More than once I've had to pull him up short.  Sometimes he thinks he's being funny, sometimes he's just trying to bully me into giving in to whatever it is he wants.  The other night he woke up crying and screaming for me.  It took a minute to decipher what he was saying.  He said he was sad.  There had been an accident and someone was at the hospital.  I didn't get the name of who it was, but it really upset him.  By morning he didn't remember it, but his night was really broken.  That could have something to do with the attitude.  We'll see as he gets a bit more sleep each night.

Tomorrow he sees a dermatologist.  He has a bump on one of his fingers that he's had since he was one, but no one seems to know what it is.  So we got a referral to a dermatologist and he sees him tomorrow night.  That's right.  Night.  The made the appointment for quarter to eight in the evening for a three year old to see a doctor.  Oh, well.  The spouse of a classmate of Hubby's died last week and his funeral is tomorrow night in Saskatoon, so I have a friend coming to watch the littlest and the biggest and I'm taking the middle into Edmonton.  Unless Hubby doesn't go.  Then He'll watch the kids and I'll still go.  He has a sinus headache and a clogged tear duct and he can't rub his eyes because of the laser eye surgery.  I guess we'll be playing that one by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment