Saturday, November 26, 2011

it's been a while...

It's been a while since I've updated this, so I'll do a brief bit now and add photos and maybe a video later.

First off, the Boy is doing amazingly well.  His speech is a hundred times better than it was a year ago, and it seems as though he's matured incredibly.  I know he's only five, but it really is amazing to me how quickly the growing happens.  And it's not just the physical growing, but the mind and emotions.  He's been taking the initiative to start activities on his own.  Sometimes it's dragging out the paper and markers and just drawing, or colouring in the colouring books, he'll convince his brother to go downstairs with him and they'll play for hours down there without fighting!  The latest thing is getting the scissors and glue sticks out and just cutting and pasting even if it's white on white.  Boy2 is loving getting this stuff out too.  They actually take turns (more or less).

Boy2 has had a few issues with tiredness and absent mindedness.  There have been more bathroom accidents,so we took him to see the doctor this week.  She thinks it's mostly the absent minded thing, but decided to do some testing to make sure.  So this morning I got him to pee in a cup and Daddy took it to the lab.  He thought it was the coolest thing EVER!!!!!  But in line with the whole forgetfulness, he got into his jammies the other night while I was brushing the Girl's teeth.  Did teeth, prayers, and bed.  5am hit, and all I heard was "MOM!  MOMMY!  I peed!"  So I rolled out out of bed, went to the boys' room and found that yes, indeed, there was pee all over his bed.  When he got his pajamas on, he forgot to put a pull-up on.  Oops!

The Girl had an oral checkup on Monday at the health unit.  The hygienist was impressed with her mouth.  Teeth were in pretty good shape, and she has all 16 teeth!  Apparently  there had been a 19 month old in earlier that morning who had no teeth yet, so when she saw my 15 month old with all of hers, well!  It helps that the Girl LOVES brushing teeth and eating healthy food (well, ALL food really).  And we finally have a child who inherited Daddy's teeth.

Spot seems to be doing alright.  I'm twelve weeks along now, so the risk of miscarriage has gone down.  Now I'm just waiting for the morning sickness to go away.  It's less than it was, so I'm hoping it won't be all that long until it's gone for good.  Putting my maternity clothes on after losing the weight this summer has been an interesting experience.  It's kinda neat putting pants on and then have them work their way down as you walk through the house :)  Fortunately I have a friend who just gave me a box of her old maternity clothes since she's now done having kids.  They fit pretty well, too, so I am very grateful.  I don't have to worry about my pants falling down.  Plus she had a pair of pregger overalls (which I LOVE) that will replace the ones I got when I was expecting the Boy.  Good thing too, since they are looking a little thread bare and super baggy now.

That will be it for now.  I'll try to get more pictures and videos up in the next week.  Oh, and the ultrasound puts our due date at the 7th of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment