Wednesday, December 14, 2011

pickles

Alright.  I have never been through the "I have got to have dill pickles and ice cream" phase of pregnancy.  This is my fifth one (fourth that's made it to the second trimester) and I have never had odd cravings.

A couple of months ago I couldn't get enough cheese.  But that's good.  It's milk and protein.  Didn't really think too much about it.  But in the last month, we (okay, "I") have gone through a Costco sized jar of pickles and have just put a decent sized dent into another jar (which we only opened 48 hours ago).  I'm not the only pickle monster in the house.  Hubby can usually take them or leave them, the Boy more often than not says "no thank you", but the other two would eat pickles all day if I let them.  I have just been giving them more because I've been eating more.

I don't combine them with ice cream, or cookies, or anything like that.  I eat them by themselves or along with crackers, cheese, and/or garlic coil.  Such a tasty snack.  It's good, though, since they are almost calorie free and have no fat content.  Just cucumber, vinegar, dill, and such.  Mmmmm.  Better get it all in now before the heartburn hits later on in the pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment