Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ice and Baking

It's felt like a bit of a long week, but that's likely because I don't have my van.  Yep.  The head gasket is shot.  We're going to repair it, but I kinda balk at charging it to the credit card, so it may wait till we get our taxes done.  We'll see.  It would be nice for Hubby to be able to take his truck down to Canmore for Study Conference instead of having to carpool but, again, we'll see.

We went to Ice on Whyte last Saturday with Uncle Peanut and Aunt Jelly and the kids had lots of fun.  There was a bit of a break in the weather.  It was only -20 instead of -33.   So the boys really enjoyed having outside fresh air.


There was lots of sliding down the ice slides.  It was quite a different experience than last year when it was above 0 when we went :)

The Girl has been carrying around the tie for one of my robes and decided she wanted to wear it.  Hubby put it around her middle.  I put it around her head :)
"Very flapper" as Hubby says :)  She loves it!  this was taken while the Boy was in school, otherwise he'd have been hamming it up for the camera as well!

Baby 4 has been super active.  This afternoon it made me jump a few times with the forcefulness of some of it's movements.  I wouldn't trade it, though.  Boy2 told me he loved me because I am "pregnanant" :)  He was expressing some concern that my baby-belly would be gone after the birth.  He wants lots of babies in the family.  Told that to Hubby and his response was "Yeah...... not a chance!"  

The Boy continues to thrive in school.  I think he's having some difficulty discerning fact and fiction, though.  They've been learning about China this month and he was telling me all about dragons that live outside the wall over there.  Oops!  It's amazing how quickly Mom and Dad are replaced by the Teacher as the source of all truth.  Parents just don't know anything!  At least we managed to sort out the whole "#2" thing.  He was convinced 2 was an odd number, so I approached his teacher and she addressed it.  Now we're all good.

I was on for baking this week for Coffee with Matt (a kind of outreach that some women from the church do) and I made Orange Cake Pie.  I didn't bring any home with me!  It was a hit, and I had a few requests for recipes, so I'm going to have to copy it down.  It certainly pleased me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment