Tuesday, March 6, 2012

thoughts and stuff

There's alot to think and talk about.  The kids have been great.  The Girl has successfully slept the night through  for 6 nights in a row.  I'm hoping that this is going to be the new norm.  Her appetite is improved, she's allowing me to brush her teeth, she's napping, it's like she's back to normal.  Like I said, I hope this is the new normal :)

Boy2 has successfully gotten through his dental work.  He woke up from the anesthesia grumpy as heck and screaming for his num.  We didn't bring it and he didn't really settle down until we loaded up to go home.  The promise of his soother as soon as we got home was as good as a sedative.  Half hour later he was running around and trying to jump on the furniture.  We put that to a quick end and he's been going non stop since.  He wakes up very happy and chipper.  It doesn't always stay that way long, but he returns to it quickly.

We're trying to cut back a bit on the wii and the Star Wars.  Yesterday, going into the city for a walk through WEM, the boys sang in the back seat of the van.  The lyrics were about bad guys and good guys killing each other.  Now, I know that alot of this is normal.  I can vaguely remember playing a version of cops and robbers when I was younger.  But knowing how real all this is to them...  No matter how many times we remind them it is all pretend and the result of an imagination, they always go back to it.  The conversations about good, bad, anger, peace, revenge, death, life, you name it.  Star Wars is what these boys eat, sleep, and breathe.

I'm thinking about making the kids Jedi robes.  Boy2 wants a Jedi cake.  So I'm making it a number 4 with Jedi figures on it.  But if I'm going to do the robes, I'm going to have to get started on them right away.  Hubby has asked for one too.  In white that would make a great alb.  Complete with hood :)  

But we decided to essentially "unplug" the kids completely.  They already watch very little TV, so that's not the issue, but the Wii is being severely limited now and and Leap Pad (though very educational) is being limited as well.

I did my gestational diabetes test last week.  Saw the doctor yesterday, and she said everything was normal.  She also said I was measuring a few weeks ahead...  I'm thinking it's likely because I've had quite a few pregnancies in recent years.  Or we could have another nearly 10 pound baby en route.

No comments:

Post a Comment