Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Holiday recap

On the road!
They were so happy to be heading out!

Well, I wasn't as faithful at taking pictures this trip, but I did get a few.  Most of them (I am sorry to say) were taken by the Boy,  and not me.

We spent Christmas up here with just us, having pizza Christmas Day as has been our custom for the last couple of years.  Santa thoroughly spoiled us, then we nipped down south and it seemed Santa made a stop at Amma's house too, so we were spoiled yet again.  We spent a few days there, then zipped for a few days to my parents' house, where we all gathered for a picture.  The last time we were all under one roof at the same time for a holiday was Christmas 2000, so twelve years and sixteen grandchildren later we finally got a picture taken.  I'm not sure where our copy is hiding on this computer, so I'll post it when I can find it.

Me sitting with the Girl.

Boy2 helping Poppa vacuum up confetti
But we had fun.  My parents, in a tradition carried on from my Dad's family, has always done a big New Years Eve party.  Popping balloons, throwing confetti, eating almost to the point of illness, and pouring lead.  The kids love it!  Okay, even Great Grandma J (my Mom's mom) loves it!  As we were getting into the confetti fight that happens every time, we noticed that my cousin and her husband (who live across the street from my parents) stopped by just to get into it for a few minutes before zipping back across the street to their sleeping little ones.

Hubby tackled me to the floor this time, but I didn't let go of him, so we were both on the ground, me shoving confetti down his pants, while he was pouring down my back.  Then the boys decided to rescue me and they tackled Daddy :)  So much fun!

Grandma holding her newest grandchild

But now we are back to the grind.  The boys have started school and swimming lessons again.  The Christmas decorations are down (we alway wait for Epiphany to get those down, or as some know it as Little Christmas).  We picked up totes and a few new bookshelves, so today was spent cleaning, building shelves, shifting furniture, and vacuuming.  Finally our living space (at least the main floor) is in some semblance of tidiness.  Next I tackle the toy room and then we'll be good to go.  Since we have now officially lived in this house longer than any other home since we got married, I'm going to treat this spring as though we're moving.  Every other time, we've had to de-clutter out of necessity, so this time I'm going to try this.  It is amazing the sheer amount of stuff you can accumulate simply by living in one spot.  Having four kids doesn't help :)

So the toys and books are going to be culled and sent on to others who could use them more than these kids.  I'm going to have to go through dressers as well.  Children grow so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment