Sunday, September 15, 2013

It's been another busy-ish week here.  I'm not really sure if I'll get used to the shorter school days!  Getting boys to school, going for a longer walk with the girls in the double stroller (it's so cute when they both fall asleep!), tidying, groceries, laundry, the list doesn't stop, but I think we're getting into a groove.  But there is another curve starting this week.  Girlie starts preschool!

Thursday was a parent orientation for the preschool for her.  It made me smile, listening to the reasons for procedures, child to teacher ratios, first aid, child release protocol.  Brought me back to my ECE days :)  Crazy that the time has flown by!

The boys are getting used to school.  Sergeant was very happy that we weren't missing naps this weekend!  Pretty funny since all during the summer he'd put up a nit of a fight if we insisted on naps.  So I got him to sleep at nap times the last couple of days.  Not for long, but he's sleeping and charging his batteries.

Monkey is a monkey.  She is able to communicate, even though there aren't really any words yet.  She has "dad" "mom".  But she understands everything!  Should we get your shoes?  Where's your fleecy?  Want a num and a snuggie?  She gets it!  She goes and grabs or looks for whatever it is.  Such a clever monkey!

Smarty is starting to make a few friends.  After the first couple of days, he seemed very lonesome during the playtime before school.  After school was fine.  Lots of kids, lots of games.  But the teacher loves having him in class.  And I enjoy watching them play with others and talking with the parents and grandparents who pick them up.

I have been very grateful for a couple of things this fall.  That I'm able to text and message friends and family back west.  That I can (sometimes) have a text conversation with Hubby (he can't have his phone in him and the time zones are sometimes difficult to work with).  That the spouse of another chaplain (I'll call her Marie) is willing and able to watch the kids when I run out to the preschool parent orientation night, or to get my roots touched up and a haircut.  Our children love playing with hers, she does face painting, she is trained in ECE as well, so we get along very well.  We also have a friend from a long time ago who is here for an internship for her MDiv, but with the United Church.  I met her about ten years ago, she was in her undergrad with Hubby and we hadn't seen her since I was pregnant with Smarty.  So it's been really fun reconnecting with her.  We spent the afternoon together with her at the Cole Harbour Heritage Farm Museum.  Lot's of fun!  I think I'll call her Coastal Transplant.  She grew up in the High River Area, but moved from BC to here.  So Coastal Transplant. :)

But we went to the Cole Harbour Heritage Farm this afternoon.  Lots of fun.  Hope you enjoy these pictures!
Love the eyebrows!

Cows!

Smiley Girlie!

Coastal Transplant and Girlie bonding with the cows

Kinda family photo

Smarty watching

Playing with Stilts

Chickens!

Big Smiles!

Rocking horse

Too small for him!

It's harder than it looks.  I tried!


Watching Ducks

House Built in 1901

Inside the house

Prefab house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment