Thursday, February 27, 2014

A free moment

I know I just posted last night, but the timing of my morning has been such that I have time and leisure to write more again today.  The hot water in our house has been a brownish-orange colour for a while so I called our property managers about it.  This morning it is being replaced :)  Great thing about renting through a property management company!  Since I got distracted in the girls' room yesterday in my cleaning I didn't wash the floors, so when I got home from dropping boys off at school and Girlie off at preschool I started getting the floors ready for scrubbing.  Before I filled the bucket, though, the utility van pulled up and he turned the water off.  So I'll be doing dishes and floors later today,  and instead I am sitting at the kitchen table with snack and coffee, going to write.  Then tackle the girls' clothes.  Going through too small stuff and putting away the clean clothes I did yesterday.

For the last two mornings all I've wanted to do was curl up with my coffee and not move.  Not because I'm sad, although there is more than likely still alot of that kicking around in my mind, but because I want to be lazy.  It must be contagious since Sergeant has had a difficult time getting out the door for school these last two mornings too. 

Last night I made a fun "kitty cat" hat for Girlie for preschool, and the others want one too now, so there has been construction paper, scissors, crayons, and glue sticks around the diningroom and kitchen.  And I'm loving the creativity!  Smarty made a blue fin tuna, both boys were making and decorating cupcakes (complete with cherry on top!), Monkey was of course scribbling on paper not to be left out.

When I showered this morning I came out to see the kids pretending to paint themselves with hair elastics.  And there were blankets covering the livingroom floor as a basket for kittens (the kids being the kittens). Messy but fun.

It's really easy to get bogged down here.  With the cloudy weather and the insane cost of living, it's not hard for this prairie family to get to missing "home".  We keep busy and trundle along, though.  This last weekend was absolutely gorgeous so we walked along the pier, took in some sunshine and fresh air.  Sunday we left for church early and drove along the ocean for a bit.  Windows down, salty air blowing into the van.  It was refreshing. 

I am really looking forward to the boys' no school day tomorrow.  Their first one since Christmas break.  And then one more week until Spring Break!  Hubby is doing a course here, started Monday and it goes for three weeks, but because of the way the course is run, he's been able to come home earlier in the day!  I've really enjoyed that, and so has he. 

But I guess I'd better get busy here before having to go pick Girlie up.   Hopefully when I get back, the water heater will be completely installed and I'll have water again!

No comments:

Post a Comment