Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Puttering along

Two days in on this sail, and things are about as on par as I thought.  There were a few casualties Monday, a paper airplane thrown by Sergeant knocked down a figurine and smashed it.  Smarty broke a glass while washing dishes (at least he was cleaning, right?).  Monkey hollered and hollered until I started singing one of the hymns Daddy always sings to the girls at bedtime.  He may not be her "preferred" parent, but she is certainly fairly attached to him in her own way.

Last night was an easier bedtime, fewer stalling tactics from the boys, Monkey fell asleep in my arms during story time, Smarty cried a bit because he wishes Daddy didn't have to be away for so long, but it didn't last long.  The girls didn't sleep well, as a result I didn't sleep well.  But I can nap and go to bed early if I want.  So that's something.

Yesterday was a very lazy day.  Spent it reading and cuddling.  This storm that blew through was not what I needed.  Especially after the last one that was only a couple days earlier!  Lots of shoveling and salt (since it's all ice under the snow).  But today I think I'm going to be back on track.  Keeping busy, baking, cleaning, that's what I want to have today.  I'll feel better if I do anyway, and it's always nice to have even a little bit to show for your work at the end of the day.  Plus I want to start a couple of projects and some tidying needs to be done before I do that.

I'll write more anecdote stuff either later tonight or tomorrow, but for now I wanted to let everyone know that we're doing alright, planning ahead, and looking forward to Hubby coming home on the 25th.  23 more sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment