Thursday, April 2, 2015

Pranks!!

Another early morning for me! Wow.  I hope this isn't starting a trend...

Yesterday was April Fools Day.  Tuesday Smarty came home with the stuff he ordered from his book order.  It was a prank book and set.  He. Was. Thrilled.  Every time we got a hug from him we got zapped. Last night I went to brush me teeth and there was salt on my tooth brush. A cock roach was put on Monkey's pillow, water squirted on every person. He is having a ball! There was a sticker on the bathroom door. "Toilet is Voice Activated. Say PLEASE FLUSH loudly". I opened the fridge and saw eyes on the yogurt and lemon juice. And he's just giggling away like a crazy person. He just mght come by it honestly, though.  Not entirely sure, but might. So much laughter!! It's wonderful.

Sergeant ordered a rock book and set from the same book order. He is fascinated! The book shows how to make your own geodes, so that'll likely be our next experiment.  Just need to wash out some egg shells next time I'm cooking or baking with eggs.

The boys have discovered the game Dragon Vale on the phones. I'm almost wishing they hadn't. They are better now, but the were waking up at 5 to see if they could check on their dragons, asking if we can buy certain things because "the time's almost up! We can only buy it today, Mom. Tomorrow it'll be gone!" To which both Hubby and I say that we play the game with the money you earn in the game. Yes, it takes longer. Yes, you will likely miss out on some cool stuff. But that's how games are played. And it means you learn patience. Or try to learn patience...

The girls are loving having a new place to play.  Monday and Tuesday I put them in to the baby sitting room at the rec centre while I went and attempted fitness :)  But they love meeting people and feeling like they have places they need to be too.  The boys have school, Daddy has work. We have our "work" too.  Monkey still thinks our "work" is shopping, but I try very hard to convince she otherwise. Yesterday I decided to wash the floor while Girlie was in preschool.  Monkey loved that because the floor was clear of all toys and she got to run around singing "Let It GO!!!!" and dancing to the music I had playing.

Sunday morning I decided to curl my hair (not sure why, since it's so time consuming and it rarely turns out the way I want it too. Always looks good, though) so I was using my hair clips to hold other hair away. The girls both thought this was awesome so they wanted their hair in clips.  Once I was done fighting with my curls I put their hair up.  Just a pony tail and a clip to put it off their neck.  Girlie took hers out within minutes and kept just the pony tail.  Monkey kept hers in all day! And requested it on Monday and Tuesday. I think she found a new favourite hairstyle!

We have more snow forecast for Monday. We had sunshine yesterday, supposed too have sunshine today. We shoveled slush on Tuesday morning...  I hope this snow is gone my August... Hope on hope ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment