Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Getting Ready

Relative silence. Three children in school, one playing on Starfall. Coffee is drunk, exercising restraint about making more. Likely tea later instead. No running around today, no pressing errands. I have my list of things to do, but it isn't going anywhere anytime soon. 

With the move back across the country rapidly approaching, it gets easy to get lost in the list. For me, at least. Get the next thing done, get distracted by another mess, flit from room to room, cleaning but never really being done, culling, sorting, recycling, donating. Down time after the kids go to sleep for the night, veg and talk with Hubby, cuddle, read, watch something. 

Monday Monkey "helped" me clean out under the beds in the boys' room. We found books that were thought to have been lost, a load and a half of laundry, a kleenex box, and a few empty (and clean) ice cream buckets. We also found some nuts and bolts that had wiggled free from Sergeant's bed so smart momma fixed those.  

We went through the girls room too. Found a few summer dresses for Girlie (great timing since she was upset just that morning about not having many to choose from), some hair elastics, lost blankets, and stuffed animals. we clean off the top of their dresser and took away the baby change mat (yes, I know Monkey has been potty trained for nearly a year...). 

Last week I went through all of our craft supplies. Finally got rid of all the dead markers, recycled tons of used construction paper and colouring books. Still have tons of those! But it feels really good to have some of that done. Therapy. One very good thing about constantly being on the move is that it forces you to keep the stuff down.  Purging every now and then is cleansing. Now if I could only get the kids to part with some of their toys... 

The children have been bugging me to have a Farewell Nova Scotia party for their friends before we leave, so they handed out invitations for a handful of friends each for Sunday afternoon. It'll basically be a massive play date. If it's nice out they'll be outside, if it's not we'll stay indoors and maybe throw a movie on. Or game stations through the house. A craft table, puzzles, board games, card games... hmmm endless possibilities. And I'm focusing on minimal stress and prep from me. They are super excited about it! 

Time is flying so fast, it's difficult to think that we'll be off and away in three weeks. At bedtime (because thoughts always run free as you are trying to not fall asleep) the anxiety closets for the kids open wide. Girlie swings from one end to the other about being happy to move and being devastated. All normal feelings. Sergeant was feeling emotionally fragile last night and took too personally the fact that Smarty didn't want yet another hug from him before bed. Which led to him being upset over little things said and done long long ago. Sigh.

I totally made new tank tops for myself!! I was given a shirt that I tried on that was way too big and bulky, so I looked at Pinterest for ideas to adjust it. I found something so fast and amazingly simple that I did it and three other shirts in less than a half hour! So fun and awesome. Monkey was a little concerned when she saw scissors and shirts, but then she got distracted by apple sauce ;)

That's about it for now. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment