Wednesday, October 5, 2016

September!

There have been times in the last month that have been more difficult. All the balls up in the air, trying to remember which ones to catch when, looking at other balls thinking "I need to pick that one up" then forgetting about it until right before the deadline is, making appointments, keeping appointments, rescheduling appointments, thinking about the future and shifting towards it.

I went on a school field trip with Smarty a couple weeks ago to a program called "City Slicker". The classes go to a local farm, learn about the growing of food both meat and vegetation, and then we went to the pavilion in Stony Plain where they talked more about safety and grains and animals. The children all had fun and I was so glad I was able to go with them. 

Miss Girlie has lost so many teeth recently I think the tooth fairy may need to take out a loan to pay for all the fruit she's getting! And tonight she had her first filling for a small cavity. Brave girl giggled most of the way through the procedure and the dentist said she's never had the pleasure of working on such a relaxed child in that chair. :) 

Sergeant is adjusting very well. At the end of each week the teacher gets them to write a little blurb to their caregivers about their weeks and signs off using the nickname I've given him here on the blog! He loves the affection of the name and is such a caring, smart child. After school yesterday he ran up to me all excited telling me about a new child just moving into their class, So friendly!

Monkey has had a rough couple weeks, even more rough few days more recently. A few weeks into her routine of preschool and chief errand runner with me has resulted in a few extra hugs and some bedtime regression. Added to that is the fact we decided that the time for her to have her num was done. So as of Sunday she hasn't had a soother. Leading up to the first night was rough, but the actual bedtime was fine. Monday was okay at naptime and fine at bedtime. Naptime Tuesday was the screaming fit from hell that lasted nearly an hour. Again, bedtime was okay. Today she fell asleep in the van and yelled for a little bit when I moved her, and bedtime was good. I hope the naptime yelling stops soon... I suppose if I don't put her down for a nap she can't throw a fit, but then it's not as pleasant an afternoon...

Pumpkin cinnamon buns with salted caramel frosting. I will copy the recipe and post it, but I made two double batches a couple weeks ago. The first round I accidentally forgot egg and sugar in the dough so I obviously HAD to make them again paying closer attention to the ingredients. WOW, is all I'll say. I've made them before, but I don't remember them being quite this amazing!! 

Also, I knit now. I decided to learn while we were crossing the country this summer (can't recall if I mentioned this before). But, I completed a scarf by the time we left Winnipeg, and I started a surprise for Hubby almost a month after we got here when I came across cadpat yarn. That is to say, yarn int the colour scheme of the cammo our Canadian troops wear. I worked on it during bedtimes he was away and at odd times of the day, and completed it his morning and gifted it to him when Monkey and I went out to the MFRC at the base this morning. I am so incredibly pleased with it and he has received many comments on it already. I wanted it done before he left for a few weeks and am thrilled that I met that goal :) Woot Woot!


No comments:

Post a Comment