Friday, November 25, 2016

Two for ONE!

Two for one post!!

Okay, so we have gone to two different countries since the last post. Last week we explored Latvia, going through parts of my own family's history. And tonight Smarty decided we should go to Greece.

We made Sklandrausis and schnitzel for last week. A rye dough crust filled with mashed potatoes and mashed carrots (with sour cream). They were delicious! And dessert was manna. A cream of wheat custard type pudding.



I got a text from our good friends right before we were starting cooking asking if we wanted a play date and to combine suppers. So we shared delicious food, combining our Latvian cuisine with their enchiladas :)

The next night I was going out for a conversation night and I brought red wine hot chocolate. I had never made it before, but WOW! I am so glad I tried it!


And tonight we did Greece. Smarty chose spanakopita and finikia, so I worked with phyllo pastry for the first time. Fresh spinach and feta.  Yummy!


I really wanted to take pictures while putting it together, but I had to work fast. 



The children enjoyed eating the filling and being able to peel the layers away. Sergeant enjoyed eating the pastry.  A lot. 


These are the finikia. An orange, cinnamon cookie dipped in a cinnamon syrup. Girlie says she enjoyed them perhaps a little too much. Lol

That's all for travelling for now. Last weekend we dug out our Christmas boxes and decorated the house. We set up the tree and started playing our Christmas music, which has been in the CD player ever since, occasionally changing the CDs but keeping with the theme :)

Have a great weekend, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment