Wednesday, July 21, 2010

killing time

I'm just sitting here, Hubby is trying to get a few extra minutes of shut-eye, the boys are making an awful noise (Hubby must be REALLY tired to sleep through this!), and I'm at the computer doing my best to ignore the fighting. Until someone hits someone else (Boy2 hitting the Boy cuz he picked up a toy the other put down). Whoever said that second children had to be tough in self defense didn't know my two monsters!

They are doing so well, though. Especially in light of all of the changes happening. They are still sleeping at night (even if we do have to snuggle and lay with them now), they are still eating, and they are still our mostly well behaved little boys.

You'd think, though, that after doing this four times in the last five years, my body would be a little more used to it. I'm just beat at the end of the day, I want to sleep later in the morning, and I drop off at nap time too. There's still alot to be done, but it's getting there.

I don't know what I'd have done, though, if Hubby didn't have this time off. We each deal with stress in different ways. My tried and true approach is to either sleep and it'll go away, or ignore it long enough and it'll either fix itself or disappear (not the most mature way to approach things, I'll admit). Hubby will buckle down and do whatever needs to get done to fix the problem. The Boy seems to be the same way. He started sleeping much better after he came back from Spruce Grove and told me all about the home he and Daddy found for me, Baby, Boy2, and them. He needed that to reduce the anxiety about the move.

Now it's a matter of "why?" as in "why is that going in a box?". I'm feeling a bit like a broken record. He's a smart kid, but he needs the reassurance. "We put it in a box, then put the box in the moving van, then take it to the new house, so we can play with it there."

So today, while Hubby is cleaning, patching, and moving things around, I'll be packing the kid's books and puzzles, going through cupboards to clean and pack for moving or donating, then we'll break for lunch and naps.

I think a family swim is on the agenda for sometime this afternoon, so we'd better get our butts rolling, or we'll have to put in some even longer, busier days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment