Thursday, July 8, 2010

Me? Anxious?

I've never been an anxious person. Those who know me can attest to the fact that I'm a fairly laid back, things will happen on their own kind of girl. Drives my Husband NUTS at times.

Yesterday, however, I experienced my first ever anxiety attack. Not bad, first one at 27, and I don't even know if I could even technically call it an attack. The kids were all quiet, eating, playing, actually getting along, and I suddenly had to sit down. Heart rate went up, and I got a panicky feeling. Where did that come from?

I mentioned it to Hubby, who said something along the lines of "Welcome to my life", and then we started talking about what these feelings could be about. We'll have a roof over our heads, a doctor to catch the delivery of Baby #3, money coming in, so what is there to be anxious about? We've moved with the kids before, so that's not it. There's three weeks left to clean and pack, two of which neither myself nor Hubby will be working, so there's no real time concerns.

But who said that rationality had to play a part? All I know is I found it difficult to wind down last night, but that could be the fact that I'm eight months pregnant, too. Oh, well. I seem to be doing better today. I'll drink some herbal tea tonight and fall asleep nice and quickly. And if I don't, I can alway pack and/or clean until sleep arrives.

2 comments:

  1. There's such a thing as good stress!!! God bless you guys, you have been and are in our prayers. Jim & Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, there absolutely is good stress. Luckily I seem to be more my normal self in the last couple of days. Thanks for the prayers. We'll have to get together in the fall!

    ReplyDelete