Monday, September 6, 2010

She's here!

Well, I didn't go overdue with this one. I was surprised when my water broke last Friday morning early. I was really anticipating another week or two of pregnancy. When the contractions didn't start four hours later, we decided to go to the hospital.

The IV started but didn't take effect, so they kept bumping up the dose. Finally, the contractions started (12hours after the drip started). There was an intense hour and a half of labour and the little one came out to meet us.

We've spent the last nine months assuming it was going to be another little boy, so imagine our surprise when we found that our third son was, in fact, a girl! Weighing 8lbs 4oz, and measuring about 19 in, she is the smallest thing yet to grace our home, and she's charmed her brothers already.

We are both doing wonderfully well. I really don't feel as though I just had another baby, but the evidence indicates that she is here. I can't really believe how much she sleeps! I feel like I should wake her up so we can get some sleep later tonight, but I may just let it go and see.I promise to post pictures of our weekend soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment