Thursday, November 25, 2010

I want one too!

I've had a pretty busy month. I made a red chausible for Hubby for Reformation Sunday (for the uninitiated, a chausible is what pastors wear over their white alb when they preside over communion), some curtains for the boys' room, curtains for over the kitchen sink, and a purple chausible for Advent (some congregations use blue for Advent and some use purple).

I did up the purple one yesterday afternoon. (A good friend comes over to play with the kids so I can sew more with fewer interruptions. I enjoy the visiting too!) When it was done and Hubby was trying it on to make sure the hem was right, the Boy came up and said that he wanted one too. A green one. And, of course monkey see monkey do, Boy2 said he wanted one as well.

So, when Hubby went back to the church for Confirmation, the kids and I went downstairs and looked through the fabric box. Then I told them I'd try to get then sewn after bedtime.

First thing the Boy asked when he got up this morning was if I had made it and could he wear it? When he saw it, he wanted to wear it. We said sure, but not to preschool. Both he and his brother wore them until breakfast. I'm going to have to get a picture of all three men wearing their chausibles. Just to remind the boys that they wanted to be just like Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment