Tuesday, December 7, 2010

gingerbread

Poor Boy2! He's been feeling a bit out of sorts lately, but this evening he has a fever. Plus he's not been eating all that much. He said his diaper was too tight before it was fastened, then he said his tummy was too tight. Lots of snuggles with Mom and Dad, he was in bed asleep by just after six tonight. Hope the Tylenol works!

The Boy has a Christmas concert coming up on Thursday night. I am so excited! This is the first year in what will likely be a LONG string of years with concerts. He has been "jingle bell"-ing and "gloria"-ing for the last week. The only hitch is that he woke up a bit croaky this morning and this evening. He may not have much of a voice tomorrow, but hopefully honey will help (it's his favorite part of having a sore throat!)

My little Girl has been telling so many stories today! Bubbles and kicking, laughing and burbling. It really is amazing watching babies grow. This is my third baby I've watched as they've slept and grown. It never fails to amaze and wonder. I look at the small nose, chubby cheeks, and tiny fingers and I think, "I made this?" No doubt about it, Hubby and I make adorable babies!

The kitchen has been a very busy place. We did the shortbread and sugar cookies last week, and yesterday we did gingerbread. Hubby has been bugging me about my lazy icing (just making coloured butter icing and spreading it on the cookies). I thought it was pretty good! (When I was growing up we just sprinkled them. No icing) But this time I made the special icing (green, because that's what the Boy wanted) and Hubby picked up some candy. Wow, did the Boy ever have fun! They have to be the most "interesting" looking gingerbread, though. Reeses pieces and gummy bears on gingerbread with green royal icing. Next time, I choose the candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment