Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Music

We picked up a new CD the other day when we were at WEM (or the big mall with the pirate ship). It is the one Christmas album that was played and played ad infinitum. My mother played it so much that she literally wore through the cassette and then had to buy it in CD.

Every Christmas when I dig out the music, these songs play in my head and repeat. Every year I say that I should pick up this album, and I never do. So when we were meandering through the mall and I saw it. I didn't think twice, I just picked it up.

You may be guessing what the album is. I'll give you a hint: "Mary's boy child, Jesus Christ, was born on Christmas Day. And man will live forevermore because of Christmas Day!" Did you get it? It's the Boney M Christmas CD. Wow, do the memories ever hit me like a ton of bricks when the songs start playing!

There are a few musical staples in our holiday collection. Roger Whittaker, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, I think we even have Spike Jones singing "Rudolf"! Rosemary Clooney, Ella Fitzgerald, the list goes on. Last night, when the boys were singing and drumming along, I was so happy! Only 18 more sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment