Friday, December 3, 2010

plans

It's been another busy week in the Macintyre home. Tuesday we made shortbread cookies, Wednesday was sugar cookies for preschool and soup for the soup and bun supper at the church before vespers, and yesterday I decided to whip up a batch of buns to go with supper. Busy kitchen and lots of dishes. Then, yesterday I promised the Boy that we'd do waffles for breakfast this morning, so now I have the waffle iron to wash. Tasty, though.

Part of the plan for today is to spend lots of money. We're going to attempt to do most of our Christmas shopping today. We were hoping to get going early, but the malls don't open until ten. The boys are prepped, telling them the plan for the day, so I hope the day will go smoothly. Looking forward to having lunch in the city with a Great Aunt and Uncle.

I can't seem to get the kids to leave the Christmas tree alone. I find four or five ornaments on the same branch, hooks on the floor, ornaments on the floor, the window stickers all over the house! I know it's normal, but every time I come back into the living room, the mess is back!

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone with the Christmas tree! My youngest is the worst for it. This morning I found an ornament that she got off the hook in the garbage. I think she was afraid of getting in trouble. She already broke one. I wasn't very happy. Tonight i am taking the ornaments off the tree. The end. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. none have been broken yet. I feel like a broken record saying "That's glass, put it back. Leave the ornaments alone. No, put it back. Please. Put it back now. No, now. Put it back." Ofcourse they seem to do more while I'm nursing and can't get over there...

    ReplyDelete