Wednesday, January 26, 2011

helpers

As I sit down, it is 6:30 pm on a Wednesday evening. Kids have supped, bathed, and all are currently asleep. Hubby is at the (I think) hospital doing a service. I am alone in the first bit of quiet I've had since we woke up twelve hours ago.

The day has been good. All of the days have been good (well, there have been not-so-good aspects, but you can't get away from those) and at night I feel pretty good (but tired) as I lay my head down.

The Boy has had two speech sessions, and he is really enjoying it. I'm enjoying them too, since I feel affirmed by the teaching tactics I've developed by working through his book. His concentration seems to be better with her than me, but that is, I think, to be expected.

Boy2 has been outright exhausted. He ran and slipped this afternoon, falling and hitting his cheek and the corner of his eye on the cupboards. He wants everything his brother has, and when his brother puts it down and picks up something new, do you think he'd want the toy just put down? NO! He wants what was just picked up!

He is a great helper, though. Whenever I go to change laundry, it doesn't matter what he'd been doing, he has to come and help. This afternoon when the Boy and I were at his speech, the Girl started crying at my friend who was looking after her. Boy2 picked up his guitar, played with her, helped her to play with him, and she fell asleep! Such a considerate older brother!

My little girl has essentially stopped using a soother altogether (Arrgh!) and wants to only be nursed to sleep. Doesn't help that I'm a bit wary of those two very sharp, pointy teeth that are very much there. However, since moving her into her own room, she's sleeping better. I think the sounds of Mommy and Daddy snoring kept waking her up. She actually slept ten hours uninterupted the night before last!

No comments:

Post a Comment