Tuesday, February 1, 2011

silly things

Yesterday morning while we were eating breakfast, the Boy starts talking to me about his friend Thomas who lives in Africa. That's what he said, at least. I thought "Hey, he must be talking about his preschool penpal in Romania." Nope. Lives in Africa. Then he starts going on about going to the train station to go and visit him. Hmmmm. Suddenly Sir Toppham Hat gets into the conversation. The Boys starts off in search of the phone so he can call Sir Toppham Hat about Thomas. Too funny!

The last week has been rather stressful on this branch of the Macintyre clan, so yesterday evening, we went to "the big mall with the big pirate ship" (aka: West Edmonton Mall). All the way there, both boys were talking about a sick volcano, and how we had to go visit it in the hospital. This morning as we were going back into Edmonton for a dentist appointment for the Boy, Boy2 was saying that Rudy (who, by the way, lives in Dinosaur World) was chasing us. "Don't Worry. Daddy can drive faster than any dinosaur!"

Tonight at supper, Hubby started singing the Cops song ( you know, "Bad boys, bad boys. Whatcha gonna do? Watcha gonna do when they come for you?"). He only sang that part once, then sat down. Boy2 started "feelin' the beat" and started copying Daddy. The Boy started in too. I could hardly finish eating, I was laughing so hard!

I actually convinced the Boy to eat chilli the other day. He doesn't like trying new things, and for a while there I was a short order cook, making a separate meal for the kids than what we were eating. Mid fall we decided it was enough, but it's still a struggle at times. Anyway, do you know what convinced him to try it (and eventually he said he liked it)? I told him that beans give a person gas, so if he wanted gas, he had to eat the beans. I NEVER thought I'd be the one to encourage that humour in my children! Boys will be boys!

My little Girl started taking a soother! I left her with Daddy a couple of times last week (for the Boy's speech and for a practice) and she apparently just yelled the whole time. So Hubby got out a new soother (I thought we'd tried every nub, but I guess we hadn't) and she took it! Since then, she'll take it just for something to nom on. (Those teeth require quite a bit of nomming!)

No comments:

Post a Comment