Saturday, January 22, 2011

I love my dinosaurs!

I really do feel immense happiness when the boys are playing cooperatively, exchanging toys without fighting, and colouring quietly. That being said, even if the whole day is one battle after another; with tears, time outs, and tattle tales, when at supper the kids are laughing, calling everyone around the table their best friend, the day has been good.

Last night, before drifting off for a date with the Sandman, Hubby asked how my day was. My mind flitted accross various scenes from the day, good, not pleasant, frustrating, and hilarious. Then I thought about Boy2 at supper. He told us that we were his best friends. ( Awwwww! So sweet!)

The impromptu snuggles, hugs and kisses, and "I love you, Mom"'s. They make all of the frustrations and head-shaking just not matter.

We picked up a book a year or so ago. It's called "How do Dinosaurs say I Love You?" When I read that book to the kids, I smile. The author obviously had a couple of "dinosaurs" of her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment