Friday, January 21, 2011

experiment

There have been quite a few things floating around in the space between my ears lately. One of which is: why the heck does the computer freeze every time I plug the camera into it?

That frustration aside, life has been good. There have been stresses, ups and down, happy times, and "what the heck are they doing now???" kinds of days.

Today I'm trying an experiment. I've noticed my voice rising far too often, and the attention of the kids deteriorating because (in spite?) of everything we say. So, I'm trying to, every time I want to get mad and raise my voice, to whisper. The Boy asked me if I was whispering because it was quiet time. When I explained that I was whispering because I didn't want to yell, he started whispering too!

So we had a bit of time that we were all whispering. Then we went out to the RCMP to drop off something, and that was SO COOL! We went to the store and they were soo well behaved (except for the Boy spraying Febreeze into his face). Now they are watching a bit of TV as a treat. But very little frustration today, for which I am grateful. (I realize it isn't even luch time yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment