Sunday, February 13, 2011

anecdotes

Just a couple of funny anecdotes...

The Boy, while trying to get his jammies on, looked my way. I was holding the Girl on my hip and talking to Hubby. Out of nowhere he asks "Is there a new baby in your tummy, Mommy?" Guess I should try to exercise a little more...

We went to the pool this afternoon. On our way there, the Boy and Boy2 decided to play peek-a-boo with their sister. They'd move so their faces were out of sight, say "Where am I?" "Peek-a-boo!" over and over again. I love the sound of those giggles!

The other day, after nap time, the Boy came down and told me "I wanna watch MASH with Captn Hunny." Too funny!

This afternoon a member of the congregation who is moving gave the boys some musical instruments. The Boy got a tongue drum, and Boy2 got a ukulele. They were the absolute best things in the world! Boy2 loves guitars. He was given a toy one with batteries for Christmas, but he still prefers to use the broom as one. Hopefully that will change now...

The Girl spent a large portion of the day giving me "kisses". She seems to really enjoy the taste of flesh, she she'll suck on my chin. When she's tired, sometimes she'll still refuse her num, and I'll have just finished nursing, so she'll suck on the heel of my hand or a knuckle. Those are really sharp teeth...

She also has started saying "Ma!". (At least that's what it sounds like... it could mean anything from "mommy" to "milk" to "come and pick me up, NOW!" any way you look at it, I guess she's calling for me...) It is a little odd to hear the talking and giggling coming from the next room at 2 am.

Another song that has been sung ad infinitum these last couple of days is this one. Boy2 said that Daddy had to sing it at supper last night. Daddy couldn't remember how it went, but between myself and Boy2, we reminded him.

No comments:

Post a Comment