Friday, February 11, 2011

normality?

We went to visit my new nephew today (and his mom, but moms generally don't count when there are babies around, I've noticed)It was a good visit, but I forgot my camera (what a poor auntie I make!)

On our way out, the Boy was horsing around (as he does) and fell on thew ice and scraped his upper lip. When we got back into town, he said he didn't want to go grocery shopping when he had his scrape. "People will laugh at me." Oh, Sweetheart! No one will laugh! My poor self-conscious boy!

The Girl is all giggles and horse lips lately. Toes are amazing things to hold! I got her a sippy (since she's all eyes whenever we eat or drink) and it's pretty good, but she's a little unclear on the concept of sucking the liquid out. It'll come.

Boy2 is determined to be the cause of everything. If I made a mess, he says no, he made the mess. If the Boy wakes up his sister, no, he did it. I'm tempted to start calling him "I Dunnit" just because!

I am so glad Hubby is home. The Boy had no naps at all this week, but today he did. Everybody was able to have a nap today, and I'm guessing that it's because life is now back to normal. It isn't normal to have Daddy away on a trip.

Since our lives are returning back to normal, we're back to "No, I want Mommy" for dressing after bath. If Mom bathes the kids, they usually want Daddy to dress them, but Hubby wanted to do both last night and he got an earful! Boy2 was NOT letting Daddy dress him. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment