Monday, February 7, 2011

lonesome

Hubby has been gone for less than 7 hours and Oh, how I miss him! I realize that for many, a three day holiday from a spouse is welcome. I really don't like having him gone.

It isn't the fact that we have three young children and I need his help (although I love having him around to help especially in the evenings with overtired everybody), it isn't that I enjoy having the dishes done by the time I come back down after putting the kids to bed (although I do), and it isn't that I don't like sleeping alone (although I don't). The biggest reason I don't like it when he leaves is that I miss the converstion.

We are always talking. Talking about our thoughts, the kids, solving the world's problems according to us. It probably doesn't help that my mind tends to go into overdrive whenever he's out of town.... "What if's " play over in my head until I realize what's happening. That I settle myself down back to reality just in time for it to start up again.

This morning, neither boy wanted Daddy to leave. The Boy was crying because he couldn't go too. So he packed a bag of toys and books to get ready for his long trip. At snack, lunch, and supper, they were asking when Daddy would be home.

No one seems to sleep well when he's gone, but the days will be filled. We drew some pictures, made cookies, and a couple of puppets today. Wonder what tomorrow will hold?

No comments:

Post a Comment