Friday, February 18, 2011

morning musings

For as crazy-tired everyone seems to be, these last 15 minutes have been blissfully quiet. (Of course having said that, chaos will follow in T minus 10. In 10, 9, 8, 7, 6...)

Boy2 has had no fewer than 10 meltdowns in the two hours we've been up. Almost asleep twice. (make that three times)

The Boy is doing alright, provided his brother doesn't try to steal his toys or read his books.

My Girl just woke up from a nap, and is asking me as politely as she knows how (yeah, I know) that I need to stop ignoring her.

It's a good thing I enjoy reading to the kids and don't mind the mess that is our home (well, it does bug me, but not quite to the point where I'm going to clean yet. Maybe in an hour). I'm the only one not currently dressed and I don't know if I will much before lunch today (just 'cuz).

Yesterday we made trace out of the Boy and Boy2's bodies and Daddy drew in the bones. That was SO COOL! The Boy loves doing stuff like that. He also loves playing with our new blue palydough (we made it the other day... instead of food colouring, I put in some powdered tempura paint. SUCH a vivid colour!) but I haven't let him play with it much since he's not been listening too well and the last thing I need is bright blue spots on my carpet!

Boy2 has been listening to the sound track of Curious George (Jack Johnson for those who may want to look). He sings along, sometimes standing on the stage that is the coffee table playing his ukulele. He's going to be a musician, I just know it. He is also currently "reading" a book to his little sister. He really is such a thoughtful little boy (when he's not biting his older brother!)

That Girl had a really good couple of days. She actually went two whole days without biting me while nursing, but early this morning she broke the skin. Not fun.

She really does love her brothers, though. They roar, she roars. They act goofy, she giggles like nothin' on earth. She may just be the type of sister who eggs her brothers on, because they already will do almost anything to get her to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment