Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lent

There is a bad case of the winter crazies going on right now. Kids are off a little (but feeling better than they were) and Hubby and I are both feeling a bit restless and sleep deprived (could have something to do with the fact that the Girl has decided to sleep with Mommy instead of her own bed...).

My Girl has now cut four teeth and I think I see another one hiding just below the gums. It's kinda nice that she is still mostly happy through all the hard work that teething is, but her sleep is off.

Today as we were pulling out of a gas station, there was a big truck coming towards us. Hubby said something along the lines of "Whoa!" and then a voice from the back quipped up and said "Run for your life!" The Boy seems to have his daddy's sense of humour.

Every time Daddy comes home or we follow him to the church, Boy2 says "I missed you, Dad!" even if it's only been 10 minutes.

Lent starts in one week, so I've been thinking of what to do for it. Knowing that you should not only give something up, but replace it with something I think I'm going to give up my snacking in the evenings. I've become REALLY bad for having some ice cream or popcorn after the kids are in bed, so I'm going to try to give it up and instead do some exercise. Maybe get Hubby to bring up the recumbant bicycle from the basement...

Plus I started a sewing project last night. Boy2's birthday is coming up and I want to make him a blanket. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment