Friday, March 4, 2011

WEM

We made a trip into Edmonton today. Had some things I wanted to drop off for Peanut Butter and Jelly (or rather their little Gumdrop) and we wanted to go get a couple of things. As we were leaving to turn onto Whitemud, Hubby said that he never understood why the logo on the signs for WEM was a plague ridden caterpillar.

Yours truly spent a moment trying to think of what he was talking about before saying "No, Sweetie. It's supposed to be a space person. From Galaxyland. You know.... the amusement park?"

"But it looks like a caterpillar with the plague."

"It's a spaceman. Really." So when we got to the mall, we walked by the amusement park and looked. "I guess I just live in the 14th century," he says.

While we were walking around I gave into an impluse and got my nose pierced. Again. I had it done four years ago, but the Boy pulled it out one afternoon when he didn't want to nap and I couldn't get it back in. So I now have a ring instead of a stud (although I may get a stud to replace it eventually). The Boy didn't notice until we were almost back to the truck, and all he could say was that it made him sad and he wanted me to take it out. Poor boy doesn't like change all that much.

In the mornings after Daddy goes to the office, I usually put AThomas the Tank Engine in for the kids to watch in our room while I shower and do all the other morning prep rituals. If the Boy is at preschool already and it's just Boy2 and the Girl, Boy2 always asks me to stay and cuddle with him. We alway snuggle for the first little story and then I can go.

If the Girl isn't napping, I bring the exersaucer up and she sits in it and watches too. Thomas is really interesting for her too! And she sometimes gets to rub her hands on Boy2's head if he's sitting right in front of her.

The other day I was reading "The Little Engine that Could" to the Boy. He pointed at the doll on the page and said "That's a girl?" "Yes, it looks like a girl doll." "She has a vagina?" (where did this come from? I wonder. We haven't talked about bodies in a long time) "Well, I don't think dollies have vaginas. They are just toys." "Oh." (he turns the page and there's a picture of a farmer and his wife) "He has a penis and testicles?" (Oh, my. My fault for teaching proper names for anatomy!)

If I hear a THUNK or a THUD, I automatically think of Boy2. It's probably not very fair, and Hubby no doubt has alot to say about younger brothers being blamed for the sins of the older, but more often than not, it is Boy2. He throws oranges like balls across the table. Flings books around. I think what makes it worse is the whole "monkey see, monkey do" mentality. The Boy will do something and I'll tell/ask him not to. Then before I stop talking, Boy2 will do the exact same thing! Whoa!

They are very helpful, though. We've done a few puzzles this week and I seem to be doing less and less. Until my OCD kicks in and I tell them to take a hike (well, I usually just put the puzzles away, since they are their puzzles...).

No comments:

Post a Comment