Wednesday, March 9, 2011

mornings

It's been an interesting morning so far (we're an hour into it). Hubby woke up sometime around 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep, so he went downstairs for a bit then came back to bed around 5:30. The Girl was in bed cuddling with me, so when Daddy came into bed, she fussed a bit but Daddy kisses lulled her back to sleep.

Then the boys started. The Boy was being very quiet but he was trying to wake up his brother. Finally I got up with them, leaving my Girl in bed with Daddy. We managed almost a half hour before Hubby called me up to get the Girl. The thundering herd had to come up too.

Then, back downstairs and trying to be quiet so Daddy could (maybe) sleep, and they start fighting again! They both want the same sippy, the one won't let the other see their sister, they both want on my lap.... Boy2 went upstairs to snuggle Daddy.

This is how Daddy said the conversation went: "Dad, I need my nummy. You find my nummy?" "Why do you need your nummy?" "It helps me be calm." "You aren't calm now?" "No." "Why not?" " I don't have my nummy!" (But you have to imagine that Boy2 was crying during the whole conversation)

These boys are best friends and worst friends, I tell ya!

Have a pretty happy Girl, though. Sometimes she looks the the boys when they're yelling or fighting and it seems as though she'd say something like: why are you upset? you have a clean bum, there's food in your tummy, Mommy is right there she hasn't disappeared.... Everything is good. Why are you crying?

No comments:

Post a Comment