Wednesday, March 30, 2011

spring?

It does seem that the less sleep I get, the better I function. Maybe it has something to do with the current sunshine, or the two hour long walk we did yesterday, but I seem to be feeling much better today than I have been in recent days. I haven't been down with a bug or anything, but I have had a lot of trouble motivating myself to do anything besides lay on the couch or sleep.

Doing pretty good today, though. The Girl was up every two hours or so last night, not really wanting to eat but just reaching out and holding my hand, arm, face, I think she just wanted to feel me there beside her. As a result I didn't get much sleep, but that doesn't seem to matter much today. The sun is shining, I can actually see some pavement on the street out front, the icicles are all melted off the roof..... Dare I say it? Could it be that spring may, perhaps, be here... finally?

We've even been able to (mostly) keep the toys downstairs where they belong! I will admit that I have given some serious thought to eating the kids when all they seem to do is fight over toys, books, sippy cups, plates, TV shows, who like ketchup and who doesn't (I think you get the picture) , and that was all before we left for the church for the lectionary bible study this morning!

But they are all currently sleeping. Good thing, too. With the Lenten midweek service tonight at 7:30, I really do prefer them to nap, since bedtime get pushed back.

Tomorrow the Boy goes in for dental surgery first thing in the morning. He has a few cavities and needs (I think) four baby root canals. So we have someone coming to look after Boy2 and we'll be bringing the Girl (since she still needs Mamma's milk) with us to the surgeon's. I think I'm a little nervous about it, but it'll be better for him after.

I do have to say that I'm enjoying our first Spring Break. No speech and no Preschool this week has meant that the Boy is napping a little bit more. Monday, Wednesday had become his nap days over the Christmas break, but with speech those days I think he's gotten more and more tired. I am grateful for this week and the less running around.

And I am really looking forward to the next week and a half. Hubby has a meeting for Campus Ministry in Calgary on April 9th, so he's taking a couple of days off and we're making it a mini-holiday. Calgary Zoo, here we come!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment