Friday, April 1, 2011

spring has sprung!

I may not be the best house keeper, but boy can I ever bake! I need huge resolve to keep up the laundry, put things away, or do dishes or ironing. But when I pull off a new recipe, or turn out something that just melts on your mouth, I just get so pleased with myself.

Yesterday, hubby threw a few things into the slow cooker and magic happened! I stand in awe and amazement at what he accomplishes so effortlessly. A friend mentioned this the other day and I joked by saying that, between the two of us, there was a very good reason why we both can't seem to win the battle with the scale.

Joking aside, I am trying to make some dietary changes that will lead to a healthier lifestyle. We've already started using mostly whole wheat flour for alot of our baking (it makes muffins taste so good!) and with we very rarely get chips or pop. Now I just have to carve time out of the day to exercise and stick to it.

They boys have been spending more and more time outside, (Hooray for SPRING!) and when I went to check on them this morning, they had a toboggan out and were sledding from on pile of snow to another. They were thrilled! Then they found some wet chalk and started "painting" the fence like they used to do alot last spring when I was watching the other kids. As hubby said when I told him about it "old habits die hard!"

My beautiful Girl said "Mama!" this morning. She was in the high chair with toys, dropped them, and I was busy and didn't retrieve them as quickly as she wanted so she just blurted it out. I am my Girl's first word!

Plus she rolled over for the first time on Wednesday. Yay!! And she is currently telling stories while sitting on the floor eating wooden blocks. I love my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment