Monday, March 28, 2011

teeth time!

As we were driving (really, whenever we are driving anywhere) the Boy likes to know where we are. He asks what road we're on, and where we are in relation to other places he knows. It's very strange for me to hear, mostly because I can't remember ever really caring about where we were as long as I knew the destination. I knew we'd get there because my parents said we would. It wasn't until I started driving that I learned about the directions (Hubby would likely say that I still don't get directions!).

So whenever the boys ask about this stuff (they both do it, just Boy2 usually does it when his brother isn't around) I answer their questions in awe. They seem to get it from their Dad. He said he could remember doing the same thing, but he'd attributed it to the fact that he'd known quite a few truckers growing up, and had been on many a road trip. I think he's pleased to see that the genes are carrying that through.

Daddy's big job (that is his most important job) in this home is tooth brushing. He is the official tooth brusher and if he's not home to do it, they'll accept me grudgingly. The kids like to sing the ABC's while their ivories are polished, so they are getting really good with their letters.

We went to the big mall (again) and the kids had a grilled cheese from McD's since they were hungry. While eating it, the Boy told me it was the "best meal I've had in my whole life!" So cute! And yesterday we had dinner with Hubby's great Aunt and Uncle, and dessert was cake and ice cream. While eating it, he said again "this is the best dessert I've had in my whole life!" Where did he pick that up?

My little Dinosaur is feeling better. Her fever hasn't been back since Saturday morning, and so she's slept the last two nights in her own bed (thankfully!) but fir some reason I'm more exhausted today than I've been in a long time. Not even my morning coffee seemed to be effective today. I blame the long winter and the dull overcast day it was today.

Happily, though, the daily highs from now on are "supposed" to be seasonal enough to help the snow melt. An average of +5 is nice after the long, cold past six months. I really am itching for the sunshine and warm breezes to start!

Boy2 has been a bit of a handful. He loves his sister so much and he tries so hard to get her to laugh, he sometimes forgets and does something that yes, makes her laugh, but also is potentially harmful to her. And he just doesn't seem to understand that. "But she likes it" is all fine and good, but when it hurts her, she'll stop smiling awful quick! He is quick to apologize, though. And very liberal with hugs and kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment